Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Just in time!

After knitting my sister's Thorpe, I realized that my ears are cold, too, so I needed one just like it. When I was in Chicago, I stopped by Loopy Yarns (which is fantastic, by the way, and the only LYS I've ever been to in which the only 2 employees were male and nice and honestly, pretty darn cute). I chose Araucania Azapa as my souvenir yarn and it is oh-so-delicious. It's a bulky yarn with silk and merino and alpaca, with little bits of tweed in it. Seriously- it's like malabrigo, but maybe even softer and more luxurious.

Earflap hat back view

ick- I'm not nuts about these pictures.

Just in time hat

I used some leftover Ultra Alpaca (double stranded) for the crochet border and braids. I like how it brings out the little brown flecks in the Azapa. And the whole hat is just so soft!

I've been wearing this pretty much non-stop for the past couple of days because we have just been inundated with snow and ice. I've had 2 days off from work and have been going to town on Marlene. I'm using Smooshy in "Gothic Rose" and I just love both the color and the pattern. Pretty pretty socks!