Wednesday, February 4, 2009

More aprons

My sister and I sewed on our own this weekend and made more aprons. I found this fun bee fabric and a coordinating yellow fat quarter for the pocket and ties.

Full apron laid out

I'm still working on sewing a straight line- I think I'm making it harder than it should be. It's funny- people always tell me I must be patient to knit as much as I do and I never really understood what they meant. I am extraordinarily impatient in life- knitting actually helps with that a lot. I definitely get impatient with sewing- I can't seem to get things right, so I just want to get it done.

Full apron

I'm going to keep practicing- I just found the Sew Mama Sew blog, which is doing a month-long series on projects to make using fat quarters (which only cost about $1.50, so perfect for practice).

Next up, more knitting. I have a baby present in the works and more of the pretty pretty Marlene socks.