Saturday, February 9, 2008

Fun things are happening around stick-legged girl, friends! First of all, there have been tons more visitors to the blog over the past few days, which is kind of nice. Thank you, everyone! Did I suddenly become more interesting? Nope- it's mostly because my baby blanket pattern was listed on knitting pattern central. I'm tickled as punch, because I was super proud of that little thing. I hope a few people make it and show me pictures.

I've also been lucky enough to get referrals from other blogs, which is even more flattering. Thank you so much Falling Up, Life is a mix tape, Flowers and Lemons, Old Fashioned Girl, and Bacon in the Soap. Check these girls out!

Lots of knitting business to get to, too...I stayed up super late last night watching Season 6 of the Sopranos, finishing the second boot sock, and drinking wine. Let me tell you, doing these three things at the same time puts you in an interesting state of mind...I was skeeved out by the Sopranos, super excited about getting to the toe, and a little drunk all at once. Kitchener stitch went shockingly well, all things considered.

Uptown Boot Socks

Pattern: Uptown Boot Socks from Interweave's Favorite Socks
Yarn: Dream in Color Smooshy
Needles: Knitpicks Harmony DPNs, Size 2
Modifications: Not a one.

I'm not one of those people who are addicted to knitting socks, but I really enjoyed these. It's definitely the yarn- I can't say enough good things. The pattern was fun, too- but I wouldn't even try it without learning how to cable without a cable needle. Basically, it's mostly knit stitches, with every 4th row a cable row. Great for train knitting.

I loved the yarn so much, actually, that I went and bought some more Smooshy online at Sonny and Shear, which has quickly become my absolute favorite online yarn shop. They are having a 25% off everything sale until Feb. 12th, which is why I couldn't resist the Dream in Color call. The yarn arrived at my house 3 days after I ordered it, and is always wrapped up so nicely, with a personalized note.

Dusky Aurora
Smooshy: Dusky Aurora

Cloud Jungle
Smooshy: Cloud Jungle

Gorgeous!

Today, I'm going to get started on that cropped cardi. I've been dong some research and think I'm ready to get started. I have all kinds of new skills I'm going to learn for this, short row shoulders and pattern adaptation among them. Look out for pictures...

p.s.
The shoes in the picture are new and from Target- they are from the Isaac Mizrahi collection and were only $29.99!