Monday, October 27, 2008

I'm Her

It's official- I am her. I am the childless aunt that knits ridiculous things out of Red Heart yarn and forces her infant kin to model them. I don't know how I got here, but there's no denying it's where I am.

Logan's First Halloween

It started with the pumpkin hat from Itty Bitty Hats, which he just had to have for Halloween. I was in a time crunch, so I went to Joann to get some orange yarn and dammit if the only thing they had that was the right orange was Red Heart Soft yarn.

But that was only the beginning. I woke up on Saturday, which happened to be the day of Logan's baptism, and decided I HAD to make matching booties. And finish them before 2:00, when I had to leave the house and become a godmother.

Halloween booties

So I went to Ravelry and found Ruth's Perfect Baby Bootie Pattern. I knit the bottom of the booties in the same Pumpkin pattern as the hat and used a seed stitch cuff to look more pumpkin-y. Knitting feverishly in the car on the way to the church, I started a green i-cord tie and finished it on the way over to the party.

Then, the next day, with my sister collaborating, we dressed him up in a Halloween onesie and took some pictures that we will someday show his dates while he cowers in mortification.

Halloween outfit

I can't even help myself. I'm already planning for Christmas.