Sunday, April 20, 2008

MIA but busy

So I've been MIA for the better part of April- it's mostly because I've been crafting away at all my super secret projects and can't say a thing about them until after my sister's shower. Good thing it's next weekend! I don't think I can keep this stuff in much longer.

There is one thing I can share for now, even though it is shower-related. My mom suggested that I knit something as a prize for one of the baby shower games, so I whipped up a set of dishcloths on the train.

3 dishclothes

Pattern: Lacy Round Dishcloth
Yarn: Lily Sugar & Cream
Needles: Size 5
Modification: Did a provisional cast on and then grafted together at the end instead of seaming.

This was a cute little pattern, and pretty easy to memorize. Very good for train knitting, except they seemed to cause some confusion because people here in Florida apparently don't use dishcloths. People would ask me what I was knitting and look really confused when I answered. When I explained what dishcloths were for, every single person just said, "but why don't you just use a sponge?"

We always used them growing up in Ohio, and that's where the shower is, so hopefully they will go over a little better. Just in case, I am going to package them like this:
dishcloth prize

Hopefully the Dawn will answer any question as to their utility. The presentation is actually Bryan's idea- he tied them up into that cute little flower. My boy's got talent, yo.

In post-shower news, I got Cascade 220 from the WEBS sale in the mail for my new sweater. I decided on the Cabled Hoodie from the Paton's Street Smart booklet. I'm doing a mini-KAL with Vy and I can't WAIT! Not only because I think this sweater is going to be great, but also because I think it's going to be fun to knit it at the same time as Vy and see how they both become their own versions of the pattern.