Saturday, April 5, 2008

Birthday Socks - Done!

Those size 12 socks for Bryan are finally done, and only two weeks after his birthday (he just corrected me- three weeks after his birthday). He doesn't seem to mind too much, though. He really likes them.

Bryan's Birthday Socks

Pattern: Retro Rib Socks from Interweave Knits Favorite Socks (Thanks again, other Farrah)
Yarn: Dream in Color Smooshy in Cloud Jungle
Needles: My trusty size 2 Harmony DPNs

Retro Rib Socks

As always, Smooshy is the best. The color, the thick and squishy (smooshy, if you will) fabric, everything about it just spells great socks. I'm pretty lucky because Bryan is more open to color than many guys seem to be. He loves the purple color variations and has suggested that his next socks are bright stripes.

The pattern is pretty nice, too. It's super easy to memorize and looks nice, but it just got a little boring. To be fair, I can't imagine a pattern that wouldn't get a little boring after 2 of these gigantic suckers.

In other news, I went to Joann last night armed with a 50% off coupon from Michael's (do you know they take each other's coupons?) and was shocked and thrilled to find several copies of Patons Street Smart. I got it for only $3.00! I've decided to make myself a sweater to celebrate getting a new job- which is in Ohio, so I'm going to need a sweater. Now I need to decide which one:

This cabled hoodie (with no boobles and a different cable) in Sapphire Cascade 220:
Cabled Hoodie
I hear the hood on this is gigantic, so I would have to adapt that. I also might shorten the ribbing on the bottom and ad some shaping...but with all these mods, wouldn't I just be making the Central Park Hoodie?

Or a cardigan version of the Urban Aran Cardian:
Urban Aran
I love this on others as a jacket, but I'm a little worried that all that ribbing in different directions would be a bit unflattering on me.

Any thoughts?