Thursday, January 10, 2008

Simple Socks

Besides being pretty much the best girl in the whole world, my sister also happens to be the most adorable pregnant woman you will ever see. Everyone says this, but I have evidence...
Nicole in Belize
See? Adorable! (she's in Belize in this picture, by the way). Anyway, Cola is having this baby in June and I am super crazy excited about it-not only because I'll have a new niece or nephew, but also because I get to knit for it. Be prepared, blog friends- there's a lot of stick-legged baby coming.

Cola's socks

Pattern: Comfy Socks from Greetings from Knit Cafe
Yarn: Knitpicks Ambrosia in mint (2 balls) and some light blue color they don't have anymore (1 ball)
Needles: Size 2 Harmony DPNs from Knitpicks


Cashmere socks

This is the first pattern I've made from Greetings from the Knit Cafe, even though I've had it for ages. It's one of those books that I flip through all the time- it's filled with pretty pictures and everything is all bright and fun- but I never seem to find a reason to knit anything from it. I don't think I'm alone on this- I've noticed on Ravelry that most of the patterns have less than 5 projects posted.

This was my first time working with Knitpicks yarn, which is kind of hard to believe considering what a cheapo I am. I liked it- it's soft and the colors are nice and muted. What I really love here are those Harmony needles- like buttah, people. Love 'em. Can't see knitting socks on anything else.

I think that about wraps up my Christmas knits...from here on out we're looking at lots of baby stuff, with hopefully a sweater for me in the not-too-distant future. I just can't find a pattern that's calling my name. I've swatched and swatched some Rowanspun DK I have lurking in the stash, but so far it' s a no-go. I'll keep you posted.